Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Northern Magic Circle

The Northern Magic Circle Council meeting on Sunday was most productive and I am looking forward to an exciting Convention next year. Plans are ongoing and it certainly looks most promising. 
I must spare a thought for my good friend and magic colleague Mo Howarth. He rang yesterday to day he had had a heart attack and had been in the Royal Blackburn Hospital for three days although was now home again. He must rest and will miss lots of magic events in the next few weeks. Get well soon Mo!
I have e-mailed all the Northern Magic Circle members and Modern Mystic League members on e-mail to let me know if they are coming to my President's Day at the Sunnybank Social Club, Helmshore, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 4LQ on Sunday 23rd June. Commencing at 3 p.m. there is an updated lecture on Houdini v Hodgson, The Blackburn Challenge 1902, by me, followed by a buffet tea and raffle and then entertainment from some good friends at the Modern Mystic League. I am hoping it will be an enjoyable and fun day. For those travelling further there are the Helmshore Textiles Museum, the Musbury Fabrics Mill Shop and the Holden Vale Antiques Centre all nearby with cafes for morning coffee or lunch.
There is a workshop meeting of the Modern Mystic League later this week. These are always enjoyable and you cannot fail to come away without some new ideas and renewed enthusiasm.
I received the new Roberto Giobbi book this week, The Art of Switching Decks. It certainly looks good and another one to add to the list to study! 

No comments:

Post a Comment